On Tuesday morning, a suicide attack was carried out by terrorists on Border Security Force (BSF) 182 Battalion Camp near International Airport in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. It has been reported that at least 3 to 4 terrorists are being holed at the attack site. Following attack on BSF camp near Srinagar Airport, 2 flights have been cancelled and no employee or passenger or vehicle is being allowed to go towards the Airport.
1) The fidayeen attack (suicide attack) was carried out at around 4:30 AM, reports claimed that terrorists came on foot. The terrorist organization, Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed the responsibility of the attack.
2) Primary reports claimed that 3 BSF jawans were severely injured in the suicide attack. Retaliating to the heavy gunfire, BSF also gunned down 2 terrorists hiding in the area. Commenting on the attack, Deputy CM of Srinagar, Nirmal Singh said that two terrorists are being holed up in administrative building & JCO Mess. Operations are underway to nab them, also senior officers are monitoring the situation very closely.
3) Following the attack, the security forces cordoned off the neighbouring areas and are currently carrying out extensive search operations in Srinagar. Following the ruckus after the attack, the Kashmir Valley School, which is in vicinity of the area, will remain closed.
- J&K: Criminals steal golden chain of pregnant lady after chopping off her braid
- Withdraw army from Kashmir, says veteran BJP Leader