The Indian Army on Thursday said that one of its soldiers from the 37 Rashtriya Rifles with a weapon had inadvertently crossed over to the other side of Line of Control.
“One soldier from 37 RR with weapon has inadvertently crossed over to the other side of the Line of Control. Pakistan has been informed by the DGMO on the hotline. Such inadvertent crossing by Army and civilians are not unusual on either side. They are returned through existing mechanisms,” said the press release issued by the army.
So, who is this soldier who unintentionally crossed the border? Why is it important to know about?
We will answer all your questions with these 10 points:
1) The soldiers name is Chandu Babulal Chauhan from 37 Rashtriya Rifles.
2) He was captured by the Pakistani troops at Jhandroot, west of Mankote.
3) He is being kept at the Pak military headquarters in Nikayal.
4) The 22-year-old soldier was not participating in the surgical strike.
5) Chauhan hails from Maharashtra.
6) He was caught after the Indian military fired across the LoC.
7) Home Minister Rajnath Singh said all possible steps are being taken to bring him back from Pakistan.
8) His brother Bhushan Babulal Chavan is posted with the 9th Maratha Light Infantry in Gujarat.
9) Their grandmother Lila Chindha Patil died on Friday after hearing the news of his capture by Pakistani Army.
10) She had brought up Chauhan and his brother after the siblings lost their parents at a young age.