Stuffy nose, also referred to Nasal congestion, blocked nose or congested nose, is one of the most common health issues we suffer from in winters. You can stay away from the problem by Eating healthy, regular exercise and refraining from unhealthy habits like smoking and even if you have fallen into the trap, homeopathy can also come to the rescue.
Here are 10 useful tips that can work:
- Eat a teaspoon of organic turmeric powder mixed with honey every day to boost immunity.
- Try 20 ml of the juice of country borage leaves with a little honey, to prevent respiratory infections, including chest congestion.
- Chew a few tulsi leaves or make a tea of them with black pepper and cumin. Tulsi or holy basil is known to prevent infections.
- Do a steam inhalation with water infused with tulsi and mint leaves to help decongest the nasal passages.
- Inhale the fumes from a burnt stick of turmeric to decongest your airways.
- Perform jala neti (nose wash) daily to prevent sinus congestion.
- Apply mustard oil or warm coconut oil with camphor mixed in it on the chest, palms, feet, and back to aid de-congestion.
- Try pranayams like nadi shodhana, suryanadi, suryabedhana to help keep the body warm, and decongest the nasal passage.
- Include nuts like almonds and walnuts; seeds of sunflower, pumpkin, alfalfa, flax, sesame.
- Use rasnadi choornam (an Ayurvedic powder) at the crown of the head after a shower or before going out in the cold, to prevent cold and congestion. Apply in paste form, mixed with warm water on the forehead to help de-congestion.
Tip: Add some yoga and these herbal remedies to ensure a healthful winter.