11,000 competing for 4,400 seats in JUET

11,000 competing for 4,400 seats in JUET

Jammu and Kashmir News

Jammu, June 13:  The University of Jammu successfully conducted the Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)-2016 at nine different centres across the state for the admissions to various undergraduate and postgraduate academic courses on the main campus, offsite campuses and affiliated colleges.

The different test centres were Srinagar, Kishtwar, Jammu, Udhampur, Kathua, Bhaderwah, Rajouri, Poonch and Leh.

According to the Public Relation Officer (PRO), University of Jammu, a maximum of 7,061 candidates, including 5,651 in postgraduate and 1,410 in undergraduate courses, appeared in Jammu followed by 1,096 candidates in Kathua and 796 in Udhampur.

The test was conducted in a peaceful manner at all the centres. There was no complaint of any untoward incident from anywhere. The test was conducted for about 4,400 seats, including around 3,000 in postgraduate courses and 1,400 in undergraduate courses. The admissions would be made on the basis of academic merit and marks obtained by the candidates in the JUET. 

There were two sets of question papers in entrance exam, one for the candidates appearing after Class XII and the other for the candidates appearing after graduation comprising 150 objective type questions each.

The university has decided to give 75 per cent weightage to academic merit, while the remaining 25 per cent marks would be calculated on the basis of JUET.


Download the U4UVoice App Now:

Leave a Comment