8 injured, including 4 CRPF jawans, in grenade attack in Anantnag
Three troopers and two civilians were injured on Wednesday in a grenade explosion in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag district, police said.
“Militants hurled a grenade at a posse of CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) troopers at K.P. Road. Two civilians and three troopers were injured in this grenade explosion,” a police officer told. “The target appears to be the road opening party (ROP) of the CRPF,” he added.
The injured were shifted to a hospital and the area has been cordoned-off for searches. No guerrilla group has so far owned responsibility for the attack.
The injured have been identified by Sachnews as :-
1. Abdul Majeed Mir S/O Habibullah R/O Kadipora, Anantnag.
2. Abid Ali Lone S/O Ali Mohammad R/O Sarnal, Anantnag.
3. Gulam Mohammad Wani S/O Mohd. Abdullah R/O Sagam, Kokernag .
4. Bashir Ahmad Allai S/O Gulam Mohammad R/O Uttersoo, Shangus.
Above 4 persons are civilians and 4 below mentioned personnel are from CRPF :
5. Nisar Ahmad S/O Ali Mohammad R/O Poonch .
6.Chander S/O Tilak Raj ( CRPF 96 Bn )
7. Sunil Dure ( CRPF 96 Bn ) and
8. Chaman Lal Sharma S/O Bakhshi Sharma ( CRPF 96 Bn)