30 hospitalised after inhailing chlorine in Sunderbani
SUNDERBANI: At least 30 civilians were taken ill after inhaling chlorine gas leaked from water purifier plan of MES in Sunderbani area of Rajouri districton Sunday evening. According to a senior police officer all the victims, residents of the nearby locality came in the grip of chlorine gas which leaked from the plant.
Panic erupted in the Sunderbani town immediately after civilians fell unconscious. All the affected civilians were hospitalised at Sub District Hospital, sources said. The incident took place at around 7 pm. The residents of nearby ward No. 10 and some passersby outside Army’s Tota-Maina tea point on the Sunderbani-Rajouri Road got affected by the leakage.
As people complained of nausea, panic erupted in the town and within minutes, the area wore a deserted look as people fled from their houses. People from other parts of the town rushed to the hospital to enquire about the victims.Senior Superintendent of Police, Rajouri, Suleman Choudhary, said that situation was under control as Army has plugged the leakage. The condition of those admitted at the hospital was also stable, he added.