5 Announcements made for Udhampur by Dr. Jitendra Singh
Udhampur, January 05: During his Sushasan Vikas Sankalp Rally at Udhampur on Sunday, the Minister of State in the PMO Dr Jitendra Singh said that the central government under the leadership of Narendra Modi is fully committed towards the overall development of Jammu and Kashmir and in a next couple of years a sea change will be visible on ground.
During the rally, the minister made a series of announcements for the development of Udhampur which are as below:
- For the conservation of the Devika in Udhampur, the river was proposed to bring under the National River Conservation Plan in July, last year. The project has been approved by Union Environment Ministry and it is now seeking special budgetary allocation in the current Budget session and work on it would be started in the next financial year.
- From 2017 onwards, there will be uninterrupted power supply in the entire Udhampur district.
- Eight flyovers and footbridges will be constructed in Udhampur in the coming time.
- Udhampur will very soon have its own skill development centre at Battal Ballian.
- For construction of culverts in rural areas of Udhampur, a grant of Rs 1 crore has been provided and that additional funds would also be provided in near future.