5 beauty tips for Valentine’s Day for Women and Men
Roopali Chauhan is the Course Director at JD Institute of Fashion Technology
1. Follow the basics religiously: It’s important to stick to the basics no matter what. Follow your everyday routine of CTM- cleansing, toning and moisturizing to maintain optimum skin health. Also, keep in mind to exfoliate once every week to stimulate the production of new cells on the surface of the skin.
2. Indulge: Valentine’s is synonymous to pampering, so why not pamper your skin too.
Indulge in the healthy yet sinful temptations this February to get that amazing glow you’ve always cravedfor. Chocolate lovers have a reason to rejoice! Dark chocolate can have many benefits for your skin too when used as a facemask. Dark chocolate cleanses your skin, leaving it smoother and softer than ever.
3. Keep Lips Kissable: Ditch the intimidating red lipstick and aim for soft, natural-looking lips. “Choose a soft pink or berry hue no more than two shades darker than your lip color,” says makeup artist Neil.
4. Create a Glow: For a lit-from-within radiance, apply a liquid highlighter under your foundation. “The combo lets just enough shimmer through for a natural-looking glow,” says Cory Bishop,Temptu makeup artist.
5. Makeup trends right now: According to Caitlin Callahan, a senior makeup artist with the MAC ProTeam, dark eyelids or colours that “pop” on the lips are the hot looks this season. Also, aim for “silk stocking” skin, she says. Instead of applying heaps of foundation, Callahan suggests using tinted moisturizers or face and body foundations. Think dewy, not greasy.
What makeup mistakes do women often make when trying to go sultry and what can they do to avoid these mistakes?
“A mistake is focusing on every feature,”Choose a focus and go with it. If you go for the orange ‘pop’ lip, keep everything else soft – a little mascara and blush only.”
TIPS FOR MEN: Keep it simple
Don’t stink, but don’t smell like roses either. The last thing you want is a scent that will clear a room.
Use an unscented aluminum-free deodorant to avoid overwhelming your date’s sense of smell – a
scented deodorant paired with cologne is overkill.
P.S. – Jewelry or chocolate? Maybe none of these. Maybe a gift voucher for a massage or
pedicure – either by a professional, or better yet, maybe by you. Treat her to something that will leave
her feeling pampered and precious.