Jammu and Kashmir News
In Kathar area of Akhnoor, a woman died due to food poisoning while four other members of the family were admitted to the hospital. The woman is identified as Soma Devi, wife of Somnath, died on her way to the hospital. While Somnath and Gian Chand were admitted to GMC Hospital, the children, Sohit Kumar and Preeti Kumari, were rushed to SMGS Jammu.
The incident happened late in the evening on Monday where as usual dinner was prepared by Soma Devi and the entire family sat down to eat it. Just as they completed eating their dinner, all members of the family were taken ill and complained of upset stomach and started vomiting. They were initially taken to District Hospital in Akhnoor.
While getting her treatment in Akhnoor Hospital, Soma Devi’s condition deteriorated and before she could be moved to Jammu she died. The other members were brought to Jammu hospital.
To this, SP Rural Arun Gupta assured that food samples have been taken and further investigation into the matter has started. However, the neighbours and relative of the family have speculated that a poisonous insect like a lizard might have ended in the meal resulting in the poisoning.
- India has progressed to great extent in health: Nadda
- Technical aspect, digitisation made India largest film producing country