All you need to know about the Jambu Zoo, another tourist attraction coming up in Jammu
To boost tourism with a special focus on student community to carry on their research the government of Jammu and Kashmir has given people of Jammu and Kashmir a getaway destination in the form of “Jambu zoo “. Named after the “Raja jambu “ it will be a state of the art infrastructure in the city of Jammu. On 10-09-2016 Ch.Lal Singh , Honourable minister of forest ,environment and Ecology along with MOS JB. Zahoor ahmed mir laid the foundation stone at Khanpur,Nagrota ,Jammu . This project will cost about Rs.120 cr .
The JAMBU ZOO will be established on modern guidelines by central zoo authority of India , some of the silent features of the zoo are :
- The zoo will be established in a 5000 kanals, which will have all the facilities for tourist such as tourist info centre, large parking facilities , cafeterias , restrooms at regular distance
- One of the most interesting feature is the people will see the animals in moats and in their natural habitat not in cages.
- The provision of zoo safari will also be there, where visitors will be taken through battery operated cars to have a full tour of the Zoo.
- There will be Variety of animal will be there sambar dear ,spotted deer, Blue bull, black buck,barkingdeer,hog deer,goat,Fishing cat ,bear sloth, wild Boar, crocodile.
- A reptile house to display wild variety of snakes, Lizards etc.
- A nocturnal animal house.
- A butterfly park for conservation of butterfly species.
- Children play area which is equipped with fun rides.
- There will be Education centre which will be equipped with wildlife books & Journals.
Some other features
- Children play area
- Aquatic Aviary
- Benches at very short distances from each other for visitors.
- Tree shelter, which can take you a one step closer to nature.
- Sculptures in the garden , which represent the spirit of the zoo