NEW DELHI, Sep 06 : Ever since Reliance Jio came up with its highly ambitious Jio plans, other telecom operators in India have struggled to keep their customer base.
Airtel, which is India’s largest telecom operator in terms of subscriber base is facing a similar situation. Things went from bad to worse when Mukesh Ambani announced a Jio feature phone earlier this year which will be available for an effectively free price.
To counter this, Airtel has come up with new plans offering data and voice calling at incredibly cheap rates to ensure there is no mass exodus of subscribers. Airtel has also unveiled a Rs 8 prepaid plan.
1. It will give customers 4GB of 3G/4G data for a period of 7 days.
2. This offer is applicable only after a 4G SIM upgrade.
3. This is a one-time recharge only.
4. This plan might not be available for all Airtel prepaid numbers.
Not just Rs 5, Airtel has also announced a Rs 8 prepaid plan which allows you to make local and STD mobile calls at just 30 paise per minute.
Here are the details of Airtel Rs 8 plan:
1. This offer allows you to make local and STD mobile calls at the rate of 30 paise per minute
2. There are no additional conditions of this year.
3. The validity of this plan is of 54 days.
The rise of Jio in India had a direct impact on Airtel. According to a report by NDTV, Airtel saw a decline of 75 percent in its net profit at Rs 367 crore in FYQ1 2017 as compared to Rs 1,462 crore in the year-ago quarter. The other plans by Airtel, include a Rs 30 recharge that gives you a special talk-time of Rs 27 whose validity is unlimited. The Rs 37 recharge is valid for seven days along with three local Airtel SMS included for one day.