Caretaker dies in mosque fire

Srinagar, November 02: Fire broke out on the attic of a mosque in Ikhrajpora, Srinagar on Saturday night which led to the death of a caretaker of the mosque.
The deceased has been identified as Kalamdeen Chowhan resident of Surigam, Lolab in Kupwara. He was sleeping in the top floor room of the mosque when the fire broke out.
According to the Station House Officer (SHO) from Rajbagh Police station, Kuldeep Koul, the fire broke out in the mosque is because of a short circuit. The first floor of the mosque was also damaged in the incident.
The caretaker of the mosque fell into the prey of fire because everybody in the vicinity was sleeping and the could not be rescued. The locals informed the authorities after the flames intensified.
There were nine fire tenders were pressed into service to put off the fire, said a Fire and Emergency Services official.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *