Chemicals in juice parcel, 5 year old in Hospital after consumption

1,442

A 5 year old belonging to Samba district of Jammu was hospitalised after consuming packed juice.

The incident happened on Thursday when a family living in Samba received a parcel containing three packed juices from a School as an Independence Day gift. The parcel came for the boy and his Mother.

Also Read:

The little kid consumed one of the packs. However, after having 3 sips, he felt a sudden pain and was admitted to District Hospital Samba for treatment. It was found that the juice had chemicals in it.

“I got the parcel from a nearby confectionery store. It didn’t have my name. Family members kept it in the fridge and my son had it in the evening. After having the juice, he vomited. Doctors have cleaned his stomach and he’s been referred to Jammu.” said the child’s Father

According to reports, the School has denied the parcel from them. The Principal said that the School wasn’t responsible for any parcel to the student, but are ready to help the Police in solving the case.

After the video of the incident went viral, netizens claimed it to be a family grievance. Jammu & Kashmir Police has taken over the case and investigation is under process.