SEPTEMBER: In the backdrop of Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah’s communication dated 12-09-2014 to the Prime Minister, requesting Union Finance Ministry to issue instruction to the Insurance Companies to activate their field Surveyors and Assessors and to establish offices across the State for timely disposal of insurance claims, a meeting was held today under the chairmanship of Principal Secretary, Finance, Mr. B. B. Vyas with representatives different insurance companies to take review on deployment of Survey Teams to expeditiously settle the Insurance claims and issues both under Life and General Insurance Sectors.
The following officers/representatives of the Companies participated.
|S.No.||Name of the participants||Designation|
|1||D. C Thakur||Senior Divisional Manager, LIC Division Srinagar.|
|2||A.U. Alaie||Manager Sales, LIC Srinagar.|
|3||Rakesh Mohan||Regional Manager, National Insurance Company Limited Jammu.|
|4||Dr. S.L. Khosa||Dy. General Manager, The New India Assurance Company Ltd., Chandigarh.|
|5||Dr. N. A. Sheikh||Senior Divisional Manager, United Insurance Company Ltd, Srinagar.|
|6||S.K.Samantaray||Dy. General Manager, National Insurance Company Ltd.,|
|7||R.N. Gupta||Regional Manager, New India Assurance Company Ltd.,|
|8||S.P. Chopra||Regional Manager, National Insurance Company Ltd., Chandigarh.|
|9||V.K. Anand||Senior Divisional Manager, New India Insurance Company, Divisional Office, Srinagar.|
|10||Syed Abubakar||Agency Manager, Oriental Insurance Company Ltd.,|
The meeting was told that 279 survey teams have been deployed in the valley by these Public Sector Insurance Companies for assessment of damaged/ lost properties and 6768 claims so far have been lodged before the various Insurance Companies, out of which 120 claims stands disposed off, with adhoc amount paid to the Insurants to the tune of Rs.4.17 crores as 50% of the adhoc payment.
Further, it was disclosed in the meeting that the General Insurance Companies shall be holding a Three Day Mega Camp for J&K flood Related Insurance claims from 29th September 2014 to 1st October 2014 under the banner “Tatpar Aapke Saath’’
JAMMU-18-A, Rail Head Complex, Jammu-180012
SRINAGAR– Muncipal Building Regal Lane, Srinagar-190001.
DATE: 29th September, 2014 to 1st October, 2014
TIME: 09.00 AM TO 06.00 PM
Services to be provided
- On the spot guidance for Claim Settlement.
- Receiving Claim intimations from the flood affected families.
- Deputing of Surveyors for assessment of loss.
- Availability of all forms relating to Claim Settlement.
- To facilitate assessment of affected properties by the appointed surveyors.
- To provide Status of Claims already reported.
- Special dispensation in place for settlement of claims.
Requested information from claimants
- Bank Details of Claimant.
- Proof of Insurance. Copy of Policy/Cover Note/Certificate of Insurance.
- Copy of Registration Certificate in case of Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- Intimation of Death/Disability from the claimant in case of Personal Accident Insurance.
- Video footage/Photographs of the damaged property.
- Intimation made to the Local Authorities about the damage.
- Claim forms duly filled and signed by the Claimant.
- Veterinary Doctor’s Certificate certifying death in case of Claims of relating to all live stocks.
- Any other proof that is available.