Congress releases manifesto for Jammu & Kashmir Assembly Elections
Congress today released its manifesto for the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly polls 2014; Azad claims we will sweep the first phase; Soz claims no government can be formed without Congress in Jammu and Kashmir;
The major highlights of the manifesto are as follows:
- Congress Party believes that all social and political issues can be sorted out through dialogue and discussion with all the stake holders.
- Development path should reflect inter-regional diversity and it has to be inclusive. The goal of equitable development can be achieved this way only.
- Congress believes in deepening the process of decentralisation, so fully powered regional development councils, one for Jammu region and one for Kashmir will be established. Also, Sub-Regional Councils for Chenab Valley and Pir Panjal (Rajouri Poonch) under the umbrella of regional councils will be constituted.
- Job creation is very necessary. We have to give a path forward thinking to the system and see our youth properly employed.
- Skill development has carried considerable importance in this manifesto, as proper employment of youth is not possible without a proper environment for development of skills.
- Reforms in the system of education
- There has to be an affordable health care. This will mean a qualitative forward movement in the entire system of health care .
- Welfare of refugees, migrants, Ex-servicemen, minorities and OBCs.
- Relief to people living on the borderline
- Creation of 21ist Century infrastructure, that will ensure harnessing of power resources, construction of roads, tunnels, bridges, railways development including the provisions for the development of metros rails. This will also include construction of railway line between Jammu and Rajouri-Poonch and Doda. Also, greater Jammu and greater Kashmir, two modern cities with satellite township areas will be created.
- Strengthening of Panchyati Raj Institutions