Crime Branch, Jammu today produced chargesheet in the most sensational J&K Bank robbery case registered under FIR No. 99/2009 at Police Station, Kishtwar before the Hon’ble court of Ld. Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kishtwar which posted the matter for further consideration/hearing on 30.05.2016.
As per the facts, on 08.07.2009, one Shamas-u-Din S/o Fateh Mohd. R/o Maitra, Ramban, Branch Manager, J&K Bank Branch Kishtwar lodged a written complaint in Police Station, Kishtwar to the effect that during the intervening night of 7/8 July, 2009 some burglars/miscreants entered the Bank by breaking the second shutter of the Bank and broke the chest of the Bank and looted Rs. 1,06,48,000/-.
Upon this report case FIR No. 99/2009 u/s 457, 380 RPC was registered at Police Station Kishtwar and a Special Investigating Team (SIT) was constituted for the purpose of investigation. The investigation of the case was thereafter transferred to Crime Branch, Jammu vide PHQ order No. 207 of 2010 dated 16.01.2010.
During the course of investigation of the case at Crime Branch, Jammu all the suspects were identified and interrogated/questioned thoroughly and as per the investigation conducted offences u/s 457, 380, 395, 120-B RPC were proved against accused persons namely
1. Zahoor-Ul-Hassan Kamal S/o Wali Mohammad Kamal R/o Kamal Mohalla Kishtwar, (from whom an amount of Rupees 25, 79, 900/- was recovered),
2. Shahid Hussian Bhat S/o Mohd. Ramzan Bhat R/o Nagarana Keshwan District Kishtwar (from whom an amount of Rs. 2, 02,600/- was recovered)
4. Mehboob Ahmed S/o Gh. Nabi Rather R/o Jamia Masjid Mohalla, Bank Gali Kishtwar (from whom an amount of Rs. 5, 67, 000/- was recovered)
5. Shahid Hussian Rather S/o Ab. Rahim Rather R/o Sirgwari Kishtwar (from whom an amount of Rs. 5,84,160/- was recovered),
6. Farooq Ahmed Kripak S/o Ab. Rashid Kripak R/o Keshwan A/p Samia Colony Kishtwar (from whom an amount of Rs. 2,80,000/- was recovered) and
7. Jaffer Hussian Ganie S/o Ab. Majid Ganie R/o Haji Mohalla, Sultanpur, Bhaderwah A/p Malipath Kishtwar (from whom an amount of Rs. 3,98,350/- was recovered).
All the accused persons had, in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy executed the burglary/theft in the J&K, Bank Branch Kishtwar in a well planned manner after breaking the shutters of the strong room and had looted/taken away an amount of Rs. 1,06,48,000/-.