Srinagar, July 20: Curfew imposed by the authorities and a protest shutdown called by separatists paralysed life in the Valley for 12th day on Wednesday.
Police said curfew will continue in most parts of the Valley as precautionary measure to maintain law and order.
“No major clash occurred anywhere in the Valley on Tuesday and the situation remained generally calm,” a senior police officer told media persons in summer capital Srinagar.
After the state government conveyed to the editors of local newspapers through Amitabh Mattoo, Advisor to Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, that there was no ban on publication, the editors on Tuesday sought written assurance from the government to resume publication.
The Valley went without any newspaper for the 5th day running Tuesday.
Also Read: Another batch of Amarnath yatris reaches Valley
Farooq Ahmad Lone, District Magistrate Srinagar, told mediapersons there was no ban order by him on newspaper publication.
The editors have said they will meet again in the afternoon to decide future course of action.
Internet connectivity on all mobile phones remained suspended for the ninth day in the Valley on Wednesday.
Calling facility on mobile phones has also remained suspended during this period except for limited calling facility on post-paid mobile phones provided by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
After remaining closed because of the killings of three civilians in army firing during protest in Qazigund area, the Jammu-Sringar National Highway was restored for limited traffic during the night.
Trucks carrying supplies of essential goods and vehicles carrying Amarnath yatris, who had been stranded on the highway, were cleared during the night.