UDHAMPUR: Over 84,500 children in the age group of 0-5years administered Oral Polio Vaccine during Pulse Polio Immunization drive organized today in Udhampur district.
* The District Development Commissioner, Udhampur, Mr. Yasha Mudgal inaugurated the Pulse Polio immunization drive by administering Oral Polio vaccine to a baby in the District hospital on Sunday.
* Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Arun Sharma, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Santosh Sharma, Medical Superintendent, Dr. Chander Parkash, Deputy medical Superintendent, Dr. Deepak, staff members, volunteers and ASHA works were present during the programme.
* While speaking on the occasion, the DDC said that with the constant and sincere efforts of the functionaries of health department and massive support of the society, no fresh polio case has been reported from any part of the district during the past three years. She stressed the need for maintaining constant vigil on the situation and covering hundred per cent children by administering pulse polio drops in every round of campaign.
* The Chief Medical Officer apprised that as many as 540 vaccination booths be setup in different parts of the district besides 04 District Monitors, 06 Block Monitors and 111 Supervisors were deputed for the smooth conduct of the programme in the district.
- Shabir Khan inaugurates the programme at Nehru Park
- 12000 children administered pulse polio drops