Details of 21 cases of corruption under investigation by SVC
Srinagar, December 25: Since January 2015, the State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) and the State Vigilance Commission (SVC) has received 875 complaints of corruption from separate departments. Out of these 857 complaints, 552 were heard and disposed off while the other 305 are still under probation.
As per media reports, The highest number of complaints of corruption which have been filed this year belong to the Revenue department. Also, there are a number of IAS, IPS, KAS and other officers working in various departments despite of fact that they are facing probe in corruption cases.
Also, there are a number of cases of corruption under investigation with the Crime Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police. The officials of Crime Branch have been told by IGP Muneer Ahmed Khan to fasten the investigations in the cases registered of corruption for their quickdisposal, said the sources.
The slow investigation of such cases at Vigilance Department is because of the fact that the department is presently headless. The sources also suggest that the government is showing interest in the posting of the Director Vigilance Organization.
Here are the details of all major cases under probation at SVC:
- Former minister S.S Salathia and Subash Singh, a contractor from Vijaypur for encroachment of state land
- Ashok Gupta, Dy-Director Floriculture Jammu for disproportionate assets
- Iftikhar Ahmad Hakim, Chief Town planner Srinagar, for embezzlement through fraudulent withdrawal of lacs of rupees as excess salaries,
- Altaf Ahmad Bhat, Dy, Register, Kashmir University for land acquisition fraud in Kashmir university,
- Director CA&PD Kashmir and others for misappropriation of Kerosene Oil by selling in black market.
- Complaint received on August 13against then Relief Commissioner for misappropriation of funds meant for construction of two room tenements.
- On August 18, a complaint was received against Ghulam Nabi Balwan, Addl District Development Commissioner Jammu for disproportionate assets.
- Mumtaz Ali, Addl Deputy Commissioner, Poonch has been accused for issuing fake cheques to 29 persons without any loss for which the SVO received a complaint on September 22.
- A complaint was received on January 1against Abdul Majeed Mir IAS, Custodian General J&K for allegedly misusing official position by allotting evacuee property to undeserving persons.
- On January 14, a complaint was lodged against Bashir Sheikh Dy Director Feed and Fodder, Animal Sheep Husbandry Department Kashmir for allegedly extorting money from casual labours and other subordinate staff.
- The SVO received a complaint on January 19against Chief Education Officer Srinagar accused for making illegal appointment of Class IV employees.
- A complaint was received on May 7against Dilshad Khan IAS Transport Commissioner for allegedly delaying in issuance of already sanctioned route permits.
- Mohammad Aslam Bhat MD J&K State Cooperative Agriculture and RD Bank have been accused for making illegal appointments and embezzlement of public money and the SVO received a complaint on May 6.
- On May 5, the SVO received a complaint against Director SKIMS Dr Showkat Ali Zargar for allegedly making illegal appointment of more than 100 Class IV employees.
- Principle Dental College Dr Reyaz Farooq is accused of disproportionate assets and complaint was received on May 25against him.
- On July 7, a complaint was received against Director Technical Education accused of large scale bungling in installing solar power systems in 19 ITIs of J&K.
- In a complaint that SVO received on July 29, Assistant Director Handloom Development Department Ganderbal has been accused for allotment of contract issued to blue eyed persons.
- Deputy General Manager JKPCC has been accused in a complaint on September 3for double payments made to contractors for construction of shopping complex.
- Mushtaq Ahmad Samnani, personnel officer Director School Education Kashmir has been accused for disproportionate assets. Riyaz Ahmad Malik, Manager Gulmarg Gandola Project is facing probe in disproportionate assets.
- Mohammad Qasim, Ex-Chief Engineer PDD is accused of disproportionate assets.
- Ghulam Mohammad Bhat, Executive Engineer is facing probe for disproportionate assets. Z A Chat, former Executive Director J&K SPDC is facing charges for allotment of contractors to the blue eyed persons.
Apart from these, there are hundreds of other officials facing corruption charges and are under the investigation of the Vigilance department.