Congress candidate Ghulam Nabi Azad’s victory on one Rajya Sabha Seat looks assured now as Er Rashid who is the MLA from Langate has voted in the favour of Congress. Sources had maintained that Rashid would ‘certainly’ vote for Congress over the last two days. This also means that BJP’s Chander Mohan Sharma is set for a defeat.
1. BJP’s Shamsher Singh Manhas (PDP-BJP Alliance) is touted to get 57 votes on the second seat and win this seat.
2. PDP’s Fayaz Ahmed Mir (PDP-BJP Alliance) should also get 57 votes on the first seat and win without any difficulty.
3. PDP’s Nazir Ahmad Laway (PDP-BJP Alliance) will easily get 29 votes for the third/fourth seat and win.
- 35 percent voting in Delhi till 1 p.m.
- Bangladesh crisis hits bus services with India