Fighting resumes in Kashmir’s Pampore town 

WATCH: Security forces conduct flushing out operation in (J&K) (Visuals deferred by unspecified time)

Srinagar: Security forces and separatists fired at each other on Monday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pampore town where a group of armed militants has been holed up for three days, police said.

“Intermittent firing has started at the JKEDI (Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute) complex in the morning,” a senior police officer said.

ALSO READ: Alll you Need to know about braveheart Tushar Mahajan

ALSO READ: These militants from Pampore gunbattle are cowards

pampore encounter 2
“The militants are heavily armed, but they have been surrounded from all sides and their escape is ruled out,” he added.

IN PICS: Wreath Laying ceremony of Captain Tushar & LN Om Prakash martyred in Pampore encounter

So far, six people, including a civilian, three soldiers and two Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers have been killed in the fighting.

The gunfight started on Saturday evening when guerrillas attacked a CRPF bus at Sempora in Pampore on the Srinagar-Jammu highway.

They then entered the JKEDI complex and took shelter in the multi-storeyed building.

ALSO READ: I am not a terrorist: JNU’s Umar Khalid

About 120 trainees and staff members were safely evacuated from the complex before security forces started the flushing out operation against the guerrillas.

The dead include Abdul Gani Mir of Gundipora Pulwama, a JKEDI gardener, Captains Pawan Kumar and Tushar Mahajan and Lance Naik Om Prakash as well as Head Constable Bhola Prasad and Driver Constable R.K. Rana of CRPF.

VIDEO: The relationship between Indian Army and Kashmiri Locals

A CRPF spokesman who initially told reporters that a guerrilla had been killed later denied it.

Meanwhile, authorities on Monday imposed restrictions in Pampore town where dozens of protesters on Sunday indulged in heavy stone pelting as they tried to march towards the JKEDI complex.