1) An all-party delegation is reaching Srinagar soon and will make efforts to reach out to the people of all shades and opinions.
3) Speaking to reporters outside 7 RCR, the chief minister said, “Prime Minister Narendra Modi, like all of us, is very concerned with the situation in Jammu and Kashmir. He wants this bloodshed to end so that the state comes out of the present turmoil.”
4) When asked about whether they have found a solution to the ongoing issue and when will the curfew end in the Valley, Mehbooba said, “Curfew is to save lives. What else can we do? Pakistan is provoking Kashmiri youth and it bothers me that children are being used for this purpose.”
5) Prime Minister Modi has expressed his “deep concern and pain” over the situation in the Valley and asked all political parties to work together for finding a “permanent and lasting” solution to problems in the state. He had also made an appeal for restoration of normalcy in the Valley and emphasised that there has to be a dialogue.
In his statement, the Prime Minister had appreciated the “constructive suggestions” made by the Opposition delegation during the talks and reiterated his government’s commitment to the welfare of people.
- Power shutdown Schedule for Jammu
- Morning Update, Top headlines of the day