Try Karanji this sunday.
- 1 cup maida
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- chopped almonds
- ½ cardomom powder
- Firstly, prepare a dough. Then mix mix salt, maida and ghee in a bowl. Add warm milk and salt to make a smooth dough.
- For stuffing, cook the coconut, sugar, milk, chopped almonds and raisins, cardamom powder and poppy seeds in milk. Boil till the milk evaporates.
- Divide the dough and make flat round pancakes. Add the stuffing in middle and close the corners. After stuffing all the gujias or karanji, heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the karanjis for 2-3 minutes till the colour becomes golden brown.
- Take out and place in tissue paper to avoid having extra oil. Let it cool.
- Karanji is ready to eat.