JAMMU: At least four persons were killed and two others sustained severe injuries when their taxi met with an accident and plunged into a gorge in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
“A taxi on way from Senabatti to Ukharal, this afternoon when reached at Banjuni, the driver lost its control and it fell into a 500-metre deep gorge,” police here said.
They said that four persons were killed in the mishap.
While Surjeet Singh (50) and his wife Koshalia Devi died on the spot, their daughter Neelam Devi (20) and another person succumbed to injuries in a hospital, he said,
Surjeet singh son of sant Ram age 50 years R/o Kote Ukhral, Pogal – Dead
2) Koshalia devi w/o surjeet R/o Kote Ukhral, Pogal – Dead
3) Neelam Devi age 20 years D/o Surjeet singh R/o Kote Ukhral, Pogal – Dead
The condition of two others is stated to be critical and they were referred to the Government Medical College and Hospital.
4) Annu devi Age 10 years D/o Ashok Singh R/o Kote Ukhral, Pogal.
1) Priya devi age 11 years D/o Tirath Singh R/o Kote Ukhral, Pogal *Injured* Referred To GMC Jammu.
2) Pawan singh *Driver* son of Surjeet Singh R/o Pingloga, Ukhral *Injured* Referred to GMC Jammu