Parliament Budget Session 2018 Updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi attacked the Congress party amidst ruckus during his address in the Lok Sabha in reply to Motion of Thanks to the President’s address.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday tore into the Congress while replying to the Motion of Thanks on President’s Address.
Mr Modi directly attacked the Gandhis and the Congress democracy is India’s tradition and his government does not need a lesson on it.
The Prime touched upon all the states heading to polls this year, including Karnataka and the Northeast.
In a bid to calm ally TDP in Andhra Pradesh, he alleged former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi “humiliated” leaders from the state.
- “You divided India. Even after 70 years of Independence, 125 crore people of India continue to suffer because of the poison you sowed. Not a single day passes when people of India are not punished for your sins.”
2. “This is the same party that divided India. For decades, one party devoted all their energies to serve one family. The interests of the nation were over looked just for the interests of one family.”
3. “Had Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel been the first Prime Minister, a part of Kashmir would not have been under control of Pakistan”
4. “Please look at our rich history where there are many examples of rich democratic traditions that date back centuries ago”.
5. “I know it pains you to hear all this. But the people of this nation already gave you a bitter pill to swallow few years ago. May be you’ve still not come to terms with it”