Srinagar, November 26: After many adulteration cases, yet another bizarre one has came to light in the state. Recently a cockroach was found in a packet of ‘Harrisa’ (meshed meat). Clearly, several food outlets located in the various areas of Kashmir do not care about the health of the people and has continued supplying inferior food items to the city residents.
As per reports in a local daily, a resident of Nowshera locality of Srinagar, Arif Ahmad Dar brought a packet of Harrisa from a seller in the Naid Kadal locality in downtown Srinagar on Wednesday. When he came back home and opened the packed to relish it along with his family members, he was shocked to see the cockroach inside the packet.
The man and his family was disgusted to find the cockroach in his pre-packed meshed meat that he bought from a local grocery store. “We found the cockroach after eating half of the packet. This led chaos among the members of my family. Some of us even started vomiting. Spotting cockroach in half eaten food was horrifying,” said Arif.
The situation could have taken ugly turn if some of the family members suffered serious ailments, he added. Arif, after finding cockroach in the packet went back to the store to complain but by the time he reached there the shop was closed. He also tried to contact office of Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) to lodge complaint but the office was also closed on account of Gurupurab.