Make-up is not only a great way to conceal your flaws but also helps in enhancing your facial features and make you look young. The trends, however, vary from one age group to another. Here are some tips by Aashmeen Munjaal, make-over expert and director of Star Salon n Academy, to get your make-up right:
Make-up trends for people in their twenties:
* You don’t need to apply a heavy layer of foundation since your skin is already in its best form.
* Just clean your face with a good cleanser and dab on some moisturiser.
* Put on mascara and curl your eye lashes as it will make your eyes look bigger.
* Don’t forget to experiment with liquid eye liners. Opt for graphic and cat eye liners.
* Play with various hues, from fuchsia pink to deep coral and deep red to ruby.
Make-up trends for people in their thirties:
* At this age, the skin starts to lose its elasticity and moisture. So, religiously apply a good quality moisturiser.
* You can include contouring tools in your make-up kit to give proper definition to your facial features.
* Use a quality concealer under your eyes to hide dark circles and patchy skin.
* Try lipstick shades in deep purple, cinnamon, different shades of red and orange.
* Highlight your eyes by using light bronze or light golden eye shadow. Opt for classic eye liners by creating a thin line outsides the eyes.
Make-up trends for people in their forties:
* After reaching this age, the skin starts to lose its radiance and you can notice fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and corners of your mouth. Use a good quality moisturizer daily.
* Start applying sunscreen to protect your skin from additional sun damage.
* Instead of using only black-coloured liners and mascara, add something more to your make-up. Use a white eye pencil on the waterlines of your eyes as it will make your eyes look bigger.
*Play with colours; don’t be petrified to experiment with your hair. You can highlight your tresses and at the same time you can hide the greys.
*Use a good quality concealer to conceal the flaws and add pink tone blush to add colour to your cheeks.
Make-up trends for people in their fifties:
*After reaching this age, your skin starts to lose its firmness and smoothness. So, you don’t only have to use a good quality moisturizer, but also use a rich night cream every day before sleeping to wake up rejuvenated.
* Use creme blush instead of using powder blush as it blends easily into the skin and gives you a dewy look.
* Instead of using matte lipstick, use gloss. Lip gloss will give your lips a plumper look and the creases of your lips will also get noticed.
*Apply soft kohl eye liner rather than dark liquid eye liners as it will make your lids appear less creased.