More people are trying to port from Aircel to BSNL as it has pan-India operations except in Mumbai and Delhi.
1. Get the Unique Porting Code (UPC) by sending an SMS in the format ‘Port Space Mobile number’ to 1900. For example if your mobile number is 1234567890, send Port 1234567890 to 1900. If you are in Jammu and Kashmir and have a pre-paid mobile number – call 1900 instead of sending SMS.
2. You will get a UPC, which will be valid for 15 days or till the time the number is ported to BSNL. For Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East, the validity for the UPC will be for thirty days.
3. You have to visit the BSNL Customer Service Centre or authorised franchisee or retailer. You will have to fill in a CAF (Customer Application Form). You will be issued a new BSNL SIM card.
4. BSNL will inform you of the date and time of porting. You will have to change the SIM card once Aircel’s network signal stops. If you are already not getting the Aircel signal, you can insert the BSNL SIM and wait for the network to be activated. If you get the BSNL signal, it means the porting to BSNL from Aircel is successful.
- 8 Things to Know About The New ‘Expenditure Reforms’ Introduced by J&K Govt.
- Rohingya case: SC grants more time Centre to file affidavit