WhatsApp added ‘Delete for Everyone’ option last year which was one of the most demanded options. The Facebook-owned messaging platform extended the time limit to delete sent messages to almost 68 minutes which meant that the sender could delete a message an hour after sending them.
However, there’s hack with which you can read the deleted WhatsApp message on your smartphone. WhatsApp messages are stored in the notification register of the Android system and can be easily accessed via third-party apps or even through custom launchers. Basically, these apps access the notification log in the Android system that logs all notifications that come across to a user’s smartphone.
WhatsApp’s ‘Delete for Everyone’ was one of the most demanded features as this would save you from sending a message by mistake. Earlier, there was no way you could unsend a WhatsApp message.
The feature is particularly useful when you have sent a message by mistake to the wrong person. However, there are ways to read deleted messages on WhatsApp. There are two ways to read deleted WhatsApp messages on Android.
How to read deleted WhatsApp messages
- By installing a third-party app called ‘Notification History Log’ users can access deleted WhatsApp messages.
- The Notification History Log app can be found in the Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free.
- Once installed, users need to tap on Notification History button and look for WhatsApp notifications.
- The deleted WhatsApp messages can be read under ‘android.text’.
- The second method of reading deleted WhatsApp messages is by installing custom third-party launchers such as Nova.
- Once installed, on the home screen, users need to long press to bring up the Widgets button.
- Under Widgets, users need to click on ‘Activities’. Navigate to Settings and tap on ‘Notification Log’.
- This will create a shortcut of Notification Log on the home screen. Users can then access deleted WhatsApp messages in the log.