Jammu University releases up-to date status of sexual harassment complaint against Asstt. Professor
Upto date status Report as on 01.06.2017 in the matter concerning alleged Sexual Harassment Case of Department of Computer Science & IT, University of Jammu
1. On 17.05.2017, a complaint was received by the University from a female student of the Department of Computer Science & IT vide which She informed the Chairperson, Committee Against Sexual Harassment (CASH) regarding her harassment by alleged Accused from her Department. Immediately, the University Authorities started thorough investigations in the matter.
2. On 24.05.2017, Restraint Order was issued by the Convener, Complaint Screening Committee, (CASH), University of Jammu that any attempt of the violation of this Restraint Order by the defendant or by any person acting on his behalf in any form shall be strictly dealt with.
3. On 25.05.2017, the Complainant along with other students, Department of Computer Science & IT requested the Vice-Chancellor for non involvement of alleged accused in any Departmental work.
4. On 26.05.2017:- The HoD of Computer Science & IT disassociated the alleged Accused from all the duties of MCA 4 th Semester. The Alleged Accused had himself also requested the HoD, Department of Computer Science & IT, to disassociate him from all duties of the concerned Semester. The Convener, Complaint Screening Committee requested the Complainant to provide a written signed document of the statement given by her during interaction with the Complaint Screening Committee held on 23.05.2017, along with the recorded CD and an undertaking that the recording given by her is un-tempered and unedited. The said undertaking, however, is yet to be given by the Complainant. Some students of MCA-IV Semester informed the Vice-Chancellor that they don’t have problem regarding the teaching and evaluation done by Alleged Accused.
5. On 31.05.2017:- Another group of Students of University of Jammu requested the Vice-Chancellor to look into the harassment case of MCA student and submitted that they want result within 48 hours. The concern of the students was immediately conveyed to the Chairperson, CASH for expediting the enquiry. The Alleged Accused submitted to the Convener, Sub Committee, CASH that the concerned student has started staging dharnas against the Authorities, has taken matter to media and made public statements, besides circulating the alleged evidences in the social media, thereby maligning his (Alleged Accused) image and requested to take cognizance of her activities while affecting justice to the case. The same was also sent to the Chairperson, CASH.
6. Some prominent citizens also met the University Authorities and expressed their concern for speedy action.
7. The Complaint Screening Committee under CASH has already submitted its report to the Enquiry Committee constituted for the purpose on 29.05.2017 and the Enquiry Committee has also started working on it expeditiously without any loss of time. Hence the Civil Society at large is completely assured for the speedy and appropriate delivery of justice as per the University norms.