Four students shared the top position in the Secondary School Examination (Class X), the result of which was declared by the J&K Board of School Education (JKBOSE) of the Summer Zone yesterday
- The overall pass percentage was 61.95 per cent
- First four positions were shared by four students with 98.8 percent marks
- Shweta Rana (Carmel Convent High School, Kunjwani), Tanmay Mahajan (St Mary’s Convent School, Challan, Ramkot), Rupambir Singh (Christ High School, Poonch) and Ankush Singh (Vijay Higher Secondary School, Udhampur) shared the first position.
- The second position was shared by 11 students with 98.6 per cent marks.
- They are Rasmeet Kour, Garima Bandhan, Vidushi Gupta, Akanshi Gupta, Mahin Sagotra, Manik Verma, Shivani Saini, Kritika Sharma, Samiksha Sharma, Ishneet Kour, Karmanya Gupta.
- The third position was shared by 25 students by securing 98.40 per cent marks.
- The students are Anmoldeep Kour, Shalini Rasgotra, Shubanghi Suri, Shriya Sharma, Mehak Sharma, Asif Ur Rehman, Akash Katoch, Sahil Choudhary, Lovish Malpotra, Anshika Aggarwal, Kajal Sharma, Tamana Sharma, Vanshika Sharma, Vaishali Sharma, Anjali Sharma, Vivek Sumberia, Pranav Khajuria, Pankaj Upadhaya, Mantej Singh, Iqra Dar, Prableek Kour, Mahwash Nawaz, Divya Jyoti Sharma, Sudanshu Gujral and Aditya Anand.
- The fourth and fifth positions were shared by 10 and 14 students by securing 98.20 and 98 per cent marks, respectively.
- The first 20 positions were shared by 536 students
- A total of 50,615 students — 27,446 boys and 23,169 girls — had appeared in the examination, out of which 27,438 students qualified, while 19,041 failed. The pass percentage for boys is 61.8 per cent, while for girls it is 62.99 per cent