Why this Bumper Teacher Recruitment in J&K?
You might be eager to know why Government is recruiting Teachers at such a large scale.
The Reason is: Government is Upgrading the 400 Schools to their Next Higher Level
1) 200 Middle Schools will be upgraded to High Schools
2) 200 High Schools will be upgraded to Higher Secondary Level
Not only the Upgrdation of School, Cabinet also cleared the way for Creation of 17 New colleges of J&K, which included 2 colleges of architecture.
And this creation of Colleges and Upgradation of Govt School is creating so many vacancies that Aspirants feel they have Golden Days coming in the near Future.
Update (As on 28th Dec 2018)
JKSSB 2154 Teacher Posts Announced: Complete Details.
28th Day of December 2017 brings smiles on the faces of Teacher Aspirants of J&K as the Most Awaited JKSSB Teacher Notification is announced. Though the maximum share of vacancies is for Kashmir Division (86%), while Jammu got only 14% and Ladakh Divisions seems like completely ignored with ZERO vacancies.
Last Time, It was in 2013 when such a Big Teacher Recruitment was announced. At that time, more than 5000 vacancies were announced.
Now, Let’s discuss about the JKSSB Teacher Recruitment 2018
Post: Government Teachers
No. of Vacancies: 2154 (District Wise Posts)
Here is the Subject wise Break up of JKSSB Teacher Posts
1) General Teachers: 1296 Posts
2) Science/Maths Teachers: 644 Posts
3) Urdu Teacher: 214 Posts
Highlights of JKSSB Teacher Recruitment 2018
This is the First Time, that you might be seeing these Categories of Teachers. Actually, Govt has released the New Recruitment Method for Hiring of Teachers in J&K and these Rules are covered in SRO-509, which States that
1) Graduation will be the minimum eligibility to apply for Teacher Jobs in J&K, with Preference to B Ed, M Ed and Higher Qualifications
2) Out of Total Posts, 30% will be reserved for Science / Maths Subjects and 10% for Urdu Subject while the remaining 60% can be filled up from Candidates having Degrees other than Science/Maths and Urdu Subjects.
Other Important Changes in the Recruitment of Teachers in J&K
1) No Interview: Following the Central Govt’s Decision to Dispense with the Interview for Jr. Level Posts, School Education Department of J&K, has decided to do away with Interview for Teacher Jobs in J&K. So, this will be for the First Time, that Selection Process is Free from Interviews.