Karisma Kapoor: 5 low points of her life
(1) The divorce of Sandeep Toshniwal, the new man in Karisma Kapoor’s life, is not coming through any time soon, reports Mumbai Mirror. Karisma, who married businessman Sunjay Kapur in 2003, is now going through a divorce. And even though she has managed to find love the second time in Sandeep Toshniwal, CEO of a pharmaceutical company, it seems fate is again set to play spoilsport, reads the report. Sandeep, who is married to Ashrita, a dentist by profession, and has two daughters with her, aged eight and five, has filed for a divorce. And rumours were doing the rounds that he is keen on tying the knot with Karisma as soon as their respective marriages are annulled, the report further states. Although Karisma’s divorce is on its way, it will not be easy for Sandeep to get out of his marriage as his wife has refused to sign the papers over alimony issues. “Karisma deserves some happiness now. Unfortunately, Sandeep’s divorce proceedings are stuck and showing no sign of ending,” the tabloid quoted a source close to Karisma.
Here’s a look at some low points of Karisma Kapoor’s life in the past…
(2) Parents separated: Karisma Kapoor is one actress who was born in one of the biggest and most popular families in India, but didn’t have a bed of roses in life. The actress went through many rough patches in life, but every time evolved as a strong person. Karisma is the first daughter from Kapoor khandaan to work in Bollywood. The actress is very close to her father Randhir Kapoor. When Karisma was very young, her parents separated. However, according to reports, she took her father’s advice when it was about work. Though her parents never filed for divorce, they didn’t stay together. Karisma used to stay with her younger sister Kareena Kapoor and mother Babita.
(3) Break-up with Abhishek Bachchan: Karisma Kapoor dated Abhishek Bachchan for a few years and later the couple got engaged in 2002. However, the engagement that took place on Big B’s birthday didn’t last long and the couple parted ways in February 2003. The reason behind their break-up is still one of the biggest mysteries in Bollywood. There were lots of speculations that Karisma’s mother Babita was the reason behind their decision to end their love. There were also reports that Karisma was unhappy about the fact that she was told to stop acting to be in the Bachchan family. However, no one knows the real reason behind their break-up. Both the families chose to keep mum.
(4) Failed wedding: After she called off her engagement with Abhishek, Karisma moved on and married industrialist Sunjay Kapur in 2003. The actress had to go through a rough patch. Rumours of her divorce stories grabbed eyeballs. She gave birth to their daughter Samaira in 2005. She then gave birth to their second child, son Kiaan Raj Kapoor, in 2010. Karisma moved back to Mumbai in 2012 and is currently staying with her mother Babita.
(5) Comeback flopped: Karisma’s comeback in 2012 didn’t turn out to be an astonishing experience for the Kapoor daughter. The actress tried to give a new direction to her life and announced her comeback with a 3D film titled Dangerous Ishhq. She didn’t leave any stone unturned to promote the film, but it didn’t give her the desired results. Karisma currently endorses many brands and is mostly seen socialising in Bollywood.