Kiran Wattal visited Lower Gujjar Nagar area for lain and drainage inspection

 

KIRAN-WATTAL-PCffff-300x173

Municipal Commissioner, Sh. Kiran Wattal visited Lower Gujjar Nagar area today on 13.09.2014, to check the lane and drain affected due to floods and rains. While checking the Commissioner, JMC informed the local inhabitants that about 90% of work being undertaken by JMC is completed and remaining 10% will be completed shortly.
During the tour the locals of Gujjar Nagar put forth their demands regarding non-functioning of street lights. After assessment Commissioner directed the Executive Engineer to immediately repair all the damaged street lights. Commissioner, JMC gave the food bags and necessary utensils to flood affected inhabitants of the area which is collected by people of Gujjar Nagar.
Among others Dr. Saleem Khan, Health Officer, Executive Engineers, Municipal Veterinary Officer, Chief Transport Officer, Sanitation Officers and other staff from the Corporation accompanied the Commissioner during the tour.
Later, the Municipal Veterinary Officer, Dr. Zafar Iqbal along with field staff on the directions of Commissioner, Jammu Municipal Corporation, conducted a drive against polythene carry bags at Gangyal, Satwari, Nai Basti, Shastri Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Narwal, Vikram Chowk etc. Janipur etc.

About 10 Kg of polythene carry bag seized and fine to the tune of Rs. 3200/- has been realized from the defaulters.

Jammu Municipal Corporation appeals to all the Shopkeepers/vendors and citizens of city not to use polythene carry bags failing which action under rule shall be initiated against them. For any grievances please contact on 18001803333, 9419122484 & 9419171687

U4UVoice

The views and opinions expressed in the above content are writer's own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of U4UVoice.com. The writers are solely responsible for any claims arising out of the contents of this article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *