Lal Singh take stock of damage caused due to fire at  SSH; Directs for installation of new UPS batteries for CT scan machines

Lal Singh take stock of damage caused due to fire at  SSH; Directs for installation of new UPS batteries for CT scan machines

 

Jammu and Kashmir News

JAMMU, JULY 07-Minister for Health and Medical Education, ARI and Trainings Choudhary Lal Singh today visited the Super Specialty Hospital (SSH) Jammu and took stock of the damages caused due to  short circuit.

Principal Government Medical College (GMC) Dr. Ghanshyam Dev Gupta, Administrator GMC Mrs. Babila Rakhwal, Medical Superintendent Super Specialty Hospital Dr. Romesh Gupta besides SSP Mr. Rajeev Pandey and other senior officers of the hospital were present on the occasion.

The Minister enquired about the incident from the hospital administration. He directed the Principal GMC to take up the matter with the executing agency Central Public Works Department (CPWD) for immediate installation of fresh UPS batteries for CT Scan in hospital to avoid inconvenience to the patients.

Lal Singh-7The Medical Superintendent of the hospital informed the Minister that Fire extinguishers were pressed into service and fire was brought under control, and there was no loss of property other than UPS batteries.

Administrator GMC, Mrs. Babila Rakhwal apprised the Minister that various allied services of the hospital like Fire Hydrant System, CCTV Cameras, Telephone Exchange, CSSD, Water Pump, DG Sets and Electric Sub Station, AC Plant Lifts and Gas pipe line have not been handed over officially by the CPWD despite repeated reminders.

Taking a serious note of the issue, Choudhary Lal Singh directed the hospital administration to approach CPWD for taking over the hospital building officially after ensuring all allied services are provided. He said SSH has been constructed under Pradhanmantri Swasthya Sureksha Yojna (PMSSY) at an estimated cost of Rs. 120 crore.

Leave a Comment