Major Arvind Bazala (29) of 659 Army Aviation Squadron- R&O was also known by the name Lucky and Bravado Zulu on Facebook. Born on 5 Dec 1987, he was the elder son of Mr.Thoru Ram Bhagat (Retired LIC agent) and Mrs Santosh Bhagat (Assistant Manager J&K Bank -R.S. Pura). His younger brother Er. Ankush Bazala is working with TCS -Noida. He got married to Aahana Kaushal on 14 Nov 2015, daughter of Mr.Raghubir singh (Retired . Chief Engineer- Irrigation Department) and Mrs. Raj Kaushal (Home Maker). His brother-in-law,
Early Life and Education:
Major Arvind started his schooling from M.H.S DAV Nagbani School R.S. Pura. Most of the times stood among the top students in his class. He joined Sainik School Nagrota in 1997 when he got promoted to 6th standard. In the early days of his life at Sainik School, he became popular with his dimples and a cute ever smiling face. He was popular among his seniors and juniors alike. He was an active sportsman and an excellent public speaker as well. He was appointed as House Prefect of Chenab House when he was in the 9th grade. He also represented his school and his state at the Republic Day Parade – New Delhi in 2001. Also, he participated in National Integration Camp (NIC)- Bharatpur, Rajasthan. He was appointed as the School Adjutant while he was in the 12th grade. Apart from his scholastic and sportsman like abilities, he was known for his melodic voice. He was an excellent singer, a terrific drummer, a great guitarist and a first-rate dancer. He was an all round entertainer, lively and always full of life.
He was very proud of his younger brother Ankush Bazala. His usual message, ”END MONEY SEND MONEY” used to bring a smile on his face. His friend Sahil, who met with an accident, his recovery was of utmost importance to him.
He was a self-motivated,
He joined NDA (National Defense Academy ,Pune) on June 24th 2005 and completed his course on May 31st 2008. Some of his achievements at NDA include:
1. Cross-Country medalist throughout the six terms.
2. Always a part of academy’s Hockey and Cross-Country’s
3. Participated in Enduro-Cup, Adventure race scheduled over 3 days.
4. Squadron Cadet Captain of “Bravo” Squadron.
5. Lifted the Academy’s Sports Trophy as SCC.
6. Represented NDA in coveted Hexagonal Cup (Hockey).
7. Brilliant in outdoor training like Drill and PT.
He joined IMA (Indian Military Academy, Dehradun) on June 20th 2008 and completed his course on June 13th 2009. Some of his achievements at IMA include:
1. Trained with the Zojila Company of IMA.
2. Participated in Mr. IMA Competition.
3. Passed out as Junior Under Officer.
Thenceforth, he got commissioned as Lieutenant and joined 74 Armored Regiment. Some of his achievements at 74 Armored Regiment include:
1. He had a technical bent of mind and did exceedingly well in Tank Phase of Young Officers Course.
2. Represented YO’s Team in Six –a-Side Hockey.
3. Represented his Unit at Brigade & Division Level playing Hockey and Cross-Country.
4. Led his Unit Race Troop to victories at Brigade-Div Corps and Command level Competition.
5. An amazing Singer and Drummer, who was always a sensation in Army parties.
Some of his achievements during flying course include:
1. Best in flying during his whole course.
2. Achieved the solo flying qualification.
3. Best in flying during Army Pilot Course at BFTS, Bamraulli, Allahabad.
4. “PARTICIPATED IN REPUBLIC DAY PARADE 2012 AS PILOT OF CHEETAH HELICOPTER”
He was 1st Posted was at Chatha, Near R.S. Pura (J&K), followed by Patiala(Punjab)
On November 30th 2016, he achieved martyrdom along with two other officers, Major Sanjeev Lathar and Lt. Col. Rajneesh Kumar, when a cheetah helicopter crashed inside Sukna Military Base in West Bengal’s Darjeeling District around 10:30 AM while coming from a routine sortie. The crash took place due to technical failure of the Cheetah Helicopter.