Jammu and Kashmir News
Mehbooba Mufti is channelling the Coalition Government wagon in a cordial way and seems to be passing all the sharp curves on the way to reach her destination. She is trying to evade any controversy whatsoever and the Central Government too is extending its full cooperation and is providing adequate financial help to her in the completion of all the important tasks for the overall betterment of the people of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
She has managed to move an inch further in accommodating 10 cabinet ministers of her partner BJP in the Government where as her father Mufti Sahib had accommodated only eight BJP ministers in his cabinet. She is maintaining the equilibrium and owing to this, there is no murmuring and panic in her ally’s chambers. During this intervening period of thirty days she has shown that she is serious in carrying out the legacy of her father Mufti Mohammed Sayeed.
Mehbooba Mufti has completed 30 successful days of governance. There are a few things on her mind, for instance, she is fully determined to get the Suchetgah-Sialkot Baba Chamblayal and Nowshera-Jhangar routes open at the earliest and she is regularly pursuing Centre for this. Last week before the Darbar move she went onto tour Suchetgarh and Baba Chamblayal areas of Jammu District and interacted with the locals. She emphasized that this can be possible only when India and Pakistan come closer to each other and hold the bilateral talks to defuse the animosity.
Earlier Mehbooba had a Kashmir-centric approach to matters concerning the state but post her appointment as the CM, she has altogether changed which is really appreciable and welcomed by the Jammuities.
Here is a list of undertakings completed/initiated by our CM:
- She visited the Mubarak Mandi complex and was filled with joy while seeing ancient structures of the times of Maharajas of the state and stressed on restoring the complex.
- Owing to the submission of the Utilization Certificates(UCs), she has imparted the directions to all concerned to comply with the submission of UCs at the earliest so as to enable the state to seek more and more funds for the overall development.
- While touring Udhampur, she stressed for the need of successful dialogue between India and Pakistan and pleaded before the people of the state to give her a time of 5 years so as to enable her to make the state of Jammu and Kashmir a ‘Model State’ in the country.
- Safe guarding the interests of the women in the state, four women police stations are came into being effecting from May 15which would be exclusively for the women of the state for the purpose of solving their grievances expeditiously without any fear.
- MOU for IIT Jammu stands signed and the efforts are on to establish AIIMs at Jammu soon.
- She stated specifically that Jammu will be an independent tourist circuit due to its tremendous potential.
- To restore the confidence of the public in the valley, the removal of army bunker from the busy chowk of the troubled town of Handwara was a right step taken by the state administration.
- Mehbooba has stressed the need for availing full funding from the Central Government under the Flagship Schemes. It is in this context, she directed all the departments to send the UCs to the Central Government immediately.
- For taking the assessment of the various economic developments in the state these days Governor of RBI Raghuram Rajan was in the state and visited certain Industrial units at Jammu and Srinagar and expressed his satisfaction.
- Australian delegation led by its Ambassador to India Patrick Suckling had an interaction with Mehbooba where she batted for greater cultural exchanges, initiatives, skill development and tourism in J&K.
- She had a meeting with the German Ambassador Dr. Murtin Ney and she pleaded for the removal of advisories on J&K and sought for the aid and help to J&K in order to mitigate the sufferings and all other ills faced by the general masses of the state.
- She pursued the Central Government for allowing Leaders of Hurriyat to hold talks with Pakistan. It is learnt the Union Government has allowed Hurriyat in this regard.
Barring the episodes of Handwara and NIT Srinagar, the first 30 days for Mehbooba Mufti, the First Woman Chief Minister of the State, were a smooth sail. Hoping the remaining period of her power sees just about the same level of zest as the first month of her being in the chair.