Nothing feels better than sitting by the window on a cold rainy day, munching on piping hot pakoras and sipping on chai. For all who are bored of same potato, onion and cheese pakoras in the market, Below is the recipe of something different for you.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
1 and ½ cups corn kernels
1 and ½ cups gram flour/besan
2 to 3 spring onions with greens or 1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
½ inch ginger, chopped
¼ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
a pinch of asafoetida
¼ tsp crushed black pepper (optional)
¼ tsp fennel powder (optional)
salt as required
water as required
chaat masala as required for sprinkling on the pakoras
oil for deep or shallow frying
1. Boil two medium corn cobs in a pressure cooker or in a pot.
2. Drain and let them cool.
3. Remove the corn kernels with a knife.
4. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed above with the corn kernels, except for the oil.
5. Add water and make a smooth flowing batter of medium consistency.
6. Heat oil in a kadai or pan.
7. Drop spoonfuls of the batter in medium hot oil and fry the pakoras till golden and crisp.
drain on paper towels.
8. Serve the corn pakoras hot with green chutney, mango chutney or tomato sauce.
9.While serving, sprinkle some chaat masala on the corn pakoras.