New Delhi, June 23 : During Monsoon season, men should avoid wearing tight or straight fitted clothes and opt for light, colourful fabrics too, say experts.
Designer Tushi Gupta and Aditya S Sanghi, CEO at Sundarams Since 1970, have rolled out tips for the ethnic wear loving men:
* Monsoon is all about sultry weather, therefore one should avoid wearing tight or straight fitted clothes that stick to you. Skinny pants or jeans are quite uncomfortable when it rains.
Opt for straight pyjamas or dhoti pants.
* In terms of jeans opt for stretchable denims as they have a small percentage of spandex which dries faster and its stretchable character doesn’t allow it to stick to your body when wet.
* Make room for some light and colourful fabrics this season. There are several colour options to choose from like hues of green, purple, pink, orange, beige to give a distinctive look. Avoid wearing white as it will get dirty very easily.
Ombre also suits every personality, depending on the colour combination.
* Fabric plays an important role. Cotton and linen serves best during monsoon. Wear light blended fabrics such as lycra or polyester cotton as these are wrinkle free and are easy to wash and dry.
* Kurtas have been all time favourite for summer season. Try teaming them with chappals or crocs.
Short kurtas teamed with low crotch pants, plain shirt style kurtas with accent detailing and open style sleeveless bandhgala jackets over a trouser and crisp t-shirt, are options that can make a style statement this monsoon.
* Exotic print and light cotton kurtas and shirts are a must have for monsoon.
* A classic trench coat teamed with casual shirt and chinos is a good idea for this type of season to give it a fashionable spin.
* Hats and caps are important monsoon accessories as these can protect your hair during this sticky weather.