7th Pay commission not to be implemented in J&K for 15 months: Mehbooba
1. 7th Pay commission not to be implemented in J&K for 15 months: In something of a major disappointment for state government employees in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Mehbooba mufti broke the ice on implementation of 7th Pay Commission in the legislative council. This is what J&K CM had to say
2. J&K official gets 2-yrs jail in 10-yr-old corruption case: An official of Jammu and Kashmir Irrigation and Flood Control (IFC) department was today sentenced to two years imprisonment and fined Rs 10,000 by an anti-corruption court for demanding and taking a bribe of Rs 1,500 about 10 years ago. Click here for complete details.
3. Visuals of the first Darshan in Holy Amarnath cave: Over 9,000 pilgrims on Saturday morning set off from base camps in Ganderbal and Anantnag districts of Jammu and Kashmir to begin this year’s Amarnath Yatra. Watch First Visuals of the holy shrine here.
4. Cabinet meeting likely on 11 July; transfers in police and civil administration: The cabinet meeting which was scheduled to happen on July 4 is now delayed and now likely to be held on July 11 after Eid. The meeting will be held in Srinagar itself. More Details here.
5. UGC declares 8 UP varsities fake: The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Saturday declared eight universities in Uttar Pradesh as fraudulent, an official said. Click here to view the universities included in the list.
6. Power Shutdown: In order to carry out work of PCC pole erection and installation of HT/LT cable by M/S. IRCON under RAPDRP project, the power supply will remain suspended in the following areas of Jammu.
8. This man became a cop, joined militancy, joined police again and finally arrested: The Jammu and Kashmir High Court took a tough stance against the law keepers with doubtful integrity who indulge themselves in rebellious activities. Read the report to understand the complete picture.