Our convictions define our attitude towards life and the way we carry out our actions. We create our destiny through our actions only. The beliefs regarding God, soul and cosmos tells about one’s approach towards life. There are few things on which all Hindus agree and the following nine beliefs gives a brief same of the same.
- Hindus have faith in a one, omnipresent supreme Being who is considered both immanent and inspiring, both Creator and unclear Reality.
- Hindus believe in the four scriptures of Vedas, which is considered as world’s most ancient scripture. These primeval hymns are God’s word and the foundation of Sanatana Dharma, the everlasting religion.
- Hindus consider that the universe undergoes never-ending cycles of creation, preservation and closure.
- Hindus believe in karma, which refers to the cause and effect of individual actions and deeds.
- Hindus believe that none of the soul will be deprived of its destiny and the cycle of births and reincarnations will continue until and unless karma issues are resolved and the soul receives moksha.
- Hindus believe that Gods and Goddesses exist in unseen worlds so the rituals, prayers basically create a path for communication with the deities.
- Hindus believe that an enlightened guru is important to know the Creator as he is considered as a personal disciple who can steer us in a particular direction to attain purification
- Hindus believe that all life is hallowed, to be loved and revered, and therefore we must practice meditation and non-violence in both words and actions.
- Hindus believe that no particular religion teaches the only way to salvation but yes there are different paths shown by different religions and every religion teaches tolerance and understanding.