S.Gurdeep Singh Sasan Senior Leader J&K NC and Chief Patron JKSSA expressed his gratitude to Jb. Omar Abdullah HCM J&K State for taking bold decision of recommending one time settlement of POK Refugee issue by sending Rs.25 lakh financial package per family to the Central Govt.
Chairing Executive Members meeting Sasan said that Jb. Omar Abdullah has done justice with the Refugees by conceding our long pending demanded doing justice with the worst sufferer community of 1947 holocaust. He said that this gesture of the Govt. will give a sense of belongingness and security to the deprived families of the J&K State and will reaffirm faith in the leadership of Omar Abdullah who has done a tremendous job for them. Sasan said that this visionary decision of the Govt. will be jot down in the history in Golden letters and will strength their faith in ultimate truth and justice system.
The meeting passed the following resolutions :-
1) Central Govt. should immediately release the financial package as recommended by the J&K Govt. before the commencement of Assembly Elections in J&K.
2) The meeting urged the Central Govt. to release special funds for the modernization of Refugee Basties / Camps because the inhabitants are living in unhygienic conditions which are not fit for living human beings.
3) The meeting urged the Central / State Govt. to provide reservation to POK Refugees as is applicable to Paharis / KP’s in Govt. as well as Semi Govt. institutions and also give reservation in Professional Colleges as well.
4) The meeting urged the Central Govt. to announce special recruitment drive for POK Refugees in Paramilitary forces and railway.
5) The members urged the State Govt. of form POK Refugees Welfare and Development Board and the appeals Central Govt. to release sufficient funds for the Board.
The members hoped that the Central Govt. as well as State Govt. will do its best of mitigate the suffering of the POK Refugees.
The meeting expressed its sympathy with flood hit and firing victims and expressed sympathy with the bereaved families and with those who lost their belongings in these two incidents.
The Head of various Sikhs Societies who spoke on the occasion includes, Col. Ranbir Singh, N.Nain Singh, S.Hardev Singh, Capt. P.P. Singh, Dr.Swaran Singh, Prof. Surjeet Kour, S.Surinder Singh (Advocate), Prof. Joginder Singh, and Dr. Davinder Sigh.