Islamabad, May 2 : At least 137 people fell ill after they consumed toxic milk from a shop at Faisalabad city of Punjab province, media reported on Monday.
As part of its inauguration, the shop owner gave out free milk-soda bottles to customers on Sunday. After drinking the milk 137 people, including 80 children, were rushed to the Allied Hospital and General Hospital, the Geo News quoted police as saying.
The shop owner and soda factory owner were arrested and the factory was sealed, local officials said.
Samples of the milk and soda have been sent to the laboratory for tests.
At least 67 patients were still admitted at the hospital while others have been discharged.
Last week, 32 people died after consuming toxic sweets in Layyah area of the province. The sweets were distributed at a neighbourhood to celebrate the birth of a baby.