Pak lies exposed; JeM’s Masood Azhar boasts about Sunjuwan attack in tapes
The three heavily-armed Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terrorists who carried out the audacious attack on Sunjuwan military camp in Jammu had infiltrated into Kashmir from Pakistan in June last year, Army sources on Friday said. According to preliminary investigation of the Army, the three terrorists were hiding in various parts of Jammu and Kashmir for the past seven months and were looking at carrying out an attack.
On February 10, a group of heavily armed Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terrorists entered the Sunjuwan army camp after hurling grenades and using automatic gunfire.
While Pakistan has denied the involvement of terrorists based on its soil, JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar has not shied away from claiming credit for his role. In an audio clip, Azhar brags about carrying out the attack at Jammu army camp that killed five Indian soldiers and a civilian. According to this is what JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar told his cadres. Azhar revealed how he and his cadres are working with other terror outfits to launch simultaneous attacks in Jammu and Kashmir.
Azhar also mocked Indian agencies for not being able to ascertain the total number of terrorists at the Jammu army camp. According to Intelligence agencies of central and western Army commands obtained the audio barely a week after three Jaish-e-Muhammed fidayeen (suicide attackers) launched an attack at 36 Brigade campus in Jammu. Saturday’s attack on the Sunjuwan camp in Jammu was the worst in months, with five soldiers and the father of one of the soldiers killed, and women and children among the ten wounded.
Pakistan will pay heavily: India
On Sunday, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman visited Jammu to take stock of the situation following the attack. She blamed Pakistan for the attack and said Islamabad will pay the price for the “misadventure”. “Pakistan will pay for this misadventure. I repeat Pakistan will pay for it,” she told reporters. Asked whether the Indian government was sharing evidence with Pakistan, Sitharaman said “yes”.
“Yes, all the evidence, which have been collected will be compiled and definitely the evidence will be given – as always – to Pakistan. But Pakistan, in spite of being given dossiers after dossiers, has not taken any action,” she said. “It’s a condemnable act. This shows the cowardice of Pakistan who can’t face India directly and sends its people to attack civilians here. There are family quarters around the camp, so the army is taking precaution in cordoning the area,” deputy chief minister of J-K Nirmal Singh said in the morning.