PDP appeals State, Centre to take immediate steps for flood victims of Poonch
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) today asked State and Central government to take effective steps to properly rehabilitate flood and rain affected people of Poonch. Party said that there was a dire need to take immediate measures to provide relief to the affected families.
Addressing a joint press conference with Shah Mohammad Tantray, PDP candidate for Poonch Haveli Assembly seat, general secretary of PDP, Yash Pal Sharma appealed the center and the state government to take effective steps to rehabilitate the affected people at an earliest. In this regard, the Poonch wing of PDP has put forth a five point programme before the administration to help the affected people.
In the press conference, PDP leaders highlighted five major demands for the rehabilitaton of the people. The five major demands of the PDP included:
1. All the effected, people who were residing near rivers or elsewhere whose houses have been completely washed away by the recent flood or destroyed due to land slides should be duly compensated by providing govt. flats or two rooms sets at safer places.
2. People who have lost their lives during the recent flood, their nearest kith and kins be provided a relief of Rs.Ten lakh each and proper arrangements should be made for the free education to their wards.
3. Free ration supply should be provided at least for six months to the people of Pir Panjal range whose standing crops and agricultural land of worth crores of rupees has been washed away.
4. Free medical camps should be organised in the affected areas so that epidemic may not break out. Moreover Municipal authorities should be directed to clean the houses of the flood bitted area which is filled with sand, clay and mud.
5. List of the claims of the affected people should he declared at least fifteen days before the disbursement of compensation so that no deserving case of compensation should be left out and no undeserving person should take the benefit due to political pressure as happened in past.