Pregnant woman charred to death after cylinder burst

Pregnant woman charred to death after cylinder burst

Jammu: In a very sad incident, a pregnant woman died of critical burn injuries she received when her house caught fire in the Pargwal area on the city outskirts.

Fire at Nai Basti (1)

According to the police spokesman, the fire was ‘mysterious’ in nature and broke out in the Thatched house ‘Kulla’ (thatched house) of one Kala Ram. Kala Ram is a resident of Nai Basti, Jamana Bella in Pargwal area of tehsil Akhnoor.

Fire at Nai Basti (2)
Kala Ram’s wife, Rajni Devi (30), who was alone at the home at that time, was charred to death in the fire that englufed the thatched hut in no time. The body received 70 percent burns and after the post-mortem at government hospital, Pargwal, the body was handed over back to the family for the last rites.

Fire at Nai Basti (3)
The spokesman said a case in this connection was registered at concerned police station and investigations were underway but prima facie it appears that fire erupted due to blast of cooking gas cylinder.

We appeal to everyone to kindly keep your cylinders and accessories in good condition. This can happen to anyone.
Download the U4UVoice App Now:

Leave a Comment