The Deputy Chief Minister directed for early completion of the works to the tune of Rs 143.54 cr taken up under the ATAL MISSION FOR REJUVENATION AND URBAN TRANSFORMATION (AMRUT) scheme. The Deputy Chief Minister was speaking at a review meeting convened to discuss the various initiatives being undertaken in the housing and urban sector by Jammu Municipal Corporation, Jammu Development Authority and other allied agencies.
Commissioner/ Secretary Housing and Urban Development Mr Hridesh Kumar, Commissioner Jammu Municipal Corporation, Director land Management, Jammu Development Authority and other senior officers were present in the meeting.
The meeting was informed under AMRUT in Jammu city works which include drainage, sewerage, septage sectors, urban transport and creation of green spaces on different nullahs.
- It was further given out that construction/ augmentation of drainage schemes is being done at Saraswati Vihar, Tope Sherkhania, Rajiv Basti, Vikram Chowk, Vasant Vihar via Bharat Nagar (Kamla Palace), deep drains along Tawi canal in Trikuta Nagar extension, Swagat Vihar Deli, ST Mohalla back side of FCI Godowns, Main Rehari Nallah on back side of Science College, JKAP Lines Channi Rama, Canal Road, besides construction of new drains at Sunder Nagar, Sharika Vihar, Christian Colony at an estimated cost of Rs 43.79 crore.
- Under sewerage sector construction of 4 MLD STP for treatment of 5 Nallahs on left bank of river Tawi is being undertaken with an estimated cost of Rs 27.52 cr.
- Under septage sector, Septage Management scheme is coming up at Bhagwati Nagar with an estimated cost of Rs 8.64 cr.
- It was also given out that under urban transport construction of multi tier parking at Panjtirthi, parade, circular road and Gandhi Nagar, installation of intelligent traffic system and development of pedestrian walk way at Peer
- Development of green spaces is also being carried out along Nallahs at the cost of Rs 5 cr.
- The Deputy Chief Minister also directed the officers of the Jammu Development Authority to fast pace the work on the prestigious Tawi River Front (TRF) project.
- He also asked for speeding up the development of Maharaja Hari Singh park, bus stand project and other prestigious projects.