Advertisement Notice for engagement for engagement as special police officers (SPOs) in J&K Police
1 Applications as per enclosed proforma are invited from the permanent residents of J&K State for their engagement as Special Police Officers (SPOs) in J&K Police against the monthly honorarium as admissible in terms of policy for such engagements.
2. These SPOs are required to meet the emerging requirements in the fields of traffic regulation, tourism sector regulation, disaster management operations or any other duties deemed appropriate.
3. The engagements shall be restricted to native districts. These engagements shall be made on the recommendations of the selection committee headed by the concerned Deputy Commissioners.
4. The educational qualification, age and physical standards prescribed for engagement as SPO are as under:
i) Educational Qualification – Matric
1600 meters Race in 6 Minutes and 15 seconds
1000 meters Race in 6 Minutes and 15 seconds
v) Push Ups (for males only) – 20 (One cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
Note: All the tests would be qualifying in nature
5. The application forms (as per annexure) should be accompanied by attested copies of following certificates:
i) Date of birth certificate (Matriculation)
ii) Academic Qualification Cerificate
iii) State subject certificate
iv) Four copies of recent passport size photograph
6. The application forms should be deposited in the offices of the concerned Deputy Commissioners w.e.f. 10 Aug 2016 to 25 Aug 2016. No form shall be accepted beyond the prescribed date.
7. District level selection committees, to be headed by the concerned Deputy Commissioner, for the engagement of the SPOs, shall be constituted by the PHQ, separately.
8. The SPOs will have to undergo training at respective District Headquarters, for which schedule and modalities shall be worked out by the PHQ
i) Application forms incomplete in any manner or not filled up properly shall be rejected
ii) The engagement is purely on temporary basis as no claim shall lie for permanent absorption/continuous engagement
iii) Indiscipline of any kind including absence from duty shall render the engagement nullified without any notice
iv) Authority competent shall reserve the right to terminate engagement at any time without any notice/assigning of cause of disengagement
v) No Preference shall be given to higher qualification
vi) Engagement shall be made on the basis of age factor read with educational rationale in matriculation.
The candidates can also download the application form from J&K police website jkpolice.gov.in. Besides, a copy of blank application form can be obtained from the office of the concerned deputy commissioner
DIPK – 4972
- Restrictions continued in Kashmir with heavy security deployment
- Competing at an international championship and coming out on top