Reliance Jio has finally begun registrations for the JioGigaFiber service. Users that need the new service can now register. The company has not demanded any financial commitment, so far.
Reliance Jio has setup two ways to go about the registration process. One can either do it on the company’s My Jio app or log on to Reliance Jio’s official website.
Step by step guide to register interest in JioGigaFiber
1. Log on to either MyJio app or Jio’s official page and click on the first slide that mentions JioGigaFiber
2. On the next page, the user will either let the app/website detect their location or manually enter their address
3. The next page will ask for the user’s name followed by their number
5. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number (Jio or any other carrier)
5. Enter the OTP and click on submit
6. The website/app will display a success message.
Though the company has opened registrations for the service, there is no mention of the official price list. Reliance Jio has clearly stated that the number of registrations will help them finalise the regions where the launch will take place.
The trial run of GigaFiber started earlier this year and now Jio plans to take this service public by launching it in 1100 Indian cities.
The launch of the service is expected to have the same effect on the broadband industry as Jio had on incumbent telecom operators in 2016. The pricing of JioGigaFiber is expected to start from as low as Rs 500 a month.