Srinagar: Home Minister Rajnath Singh held a press conference in Srinagar today and said that the government is concerned about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir. “We all are of the view that things in Kashmir need to improve”, he further added.
Here are the Twelve highlights of his speech:
· Jammu and Kashmir is, was and will always remain an integral part of India.
· Some members also reached out to the separatists.
· We didn’t say yes or no to the delegation meeting Hurriyat.
· But the delegation members were turned away.
· Kashmiri separatists do not believe in Kashmiriyat, Jamhuriyat or Insaaniyat.
· I had said earlier that a committee will give its report on non-lethal weapons within 2 months
· Much ahead of the deadline, the committee has already given its report
· And an alternative has been found, the chilli PAVA shells
· This will not kill or severely injure anyone.
· My advice to those continuing to take to violence – talks are the only way forward.
· On Mehbooba Mufti’s letter to separatists: Yes, I am aware of such a letter.
– On speaking to Pakistan: This is India’s internal matter. I am speaking to my countrymen. There is no need to drag outsiders into.